Cookies are files that can be downloaded to the computer when accessing a webpage. They are tools that have an essential role on rendering numerous services to the information society. Amongst others, it enables a webpage to file and retrieve information about the navigation manners of a user or about its computer and depending on the data collected, they can be used to recognize a user and improve the service provided.
II. TYPES OF COOKIES
Depending on who the entity that manages the domain of where the cookies are sent and that processes the data obtained is, we can differentiate two types of cookies: own cookies and external cookies.
• Own Cookies: They are sent to the user’s device from a computer or domain managed by the own webpage editor and from the one that provides the service requested by the user.
• External Cookies: They are sent to the user’s device from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor of the webpage, it is done by a different entity that processes the data collected through these cookies.
Furthermore, the cookies can be typified:
• Depending on the period that remain on the computer: session cookies or persistent cookies.
• Depending on their goal: technical cookies, personalization cookies, analytical cookies or behavioral advertising cookies.
III. COOKIES USED BY EMETEL SISTEMAS S.L.
The different types of cookies that are being used on this portal are now identified, as well as their functionality and typology:
– Technical cookies: They are the ones that enable the user to navigate through a webpage, platform or app, and to use the different options or services offered in it, for instance, to control the traffic and data communication, to identify a session, to access restricted access areas, to remember the elements of an order, to perform a purchase order process, to request a sign up and participation in an event, to use security elements during navigation, to collect files for the diffusion of videos or sounds or to share content through social media.
– Personalization cookies: They are the ones that allow the user to access the service with some characteristics that are predefined based on some criteria on the user’s terminal such as the language, type of navigator that uses to access the service or the regional configuration from where he/she access the service, for instance.
– Analytical cookies: They are the ones that if well-used by us or by others, enable us to quantify the number of users and perform a statistical analysis of the use that our users do of the service offered. To do the navigation is analyzed on our webpage with the goal of improving our product or service offer.
– Advertising cookies: They are the ones that, well-used by us or by others, allow us to efficiently manage the advertising space available in the webpage, tailoring the content of the ad to the content of the service requested or to the use made of our webpage. To do so we have to analyze your navigating habits on the Internet and we can show you ads that fit your navigation profile.
– Behavioral Advertising cookies: They are the ones that enable an effective management of advertising space that the editor might have included on a webpage, app or platform that provides the requested service. These cookies collect data of the users’ behavior obtained through the continuous observation of their navigating habits, making it possible to develop a specific profile to show ads according to it.
1. Accept cookies: This message will not be displayed when logging in to any EMETEL SISTEMAS S.L. webpage again during this session.
2. Close: The message on this webpage is hidden.
V. How to change the cookies’ settings
You can restrict, block or delete cookies from EMETEL SISTEMAS S.L. or any other webpage by using your navigator. Any navigator’s settings are different, the “HELP” tab will show you how to do so, but we point out some links with information regarding the issue:
• Internet Explorer: